BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
This better be GBOTM without a vote.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Love it!

Dr_20Olds_large.gif

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
This better be GBOTM without a vote.
Took the words right out of my mouth... I couldn't agree more! Supeduperfragilisticexpealidocious!! Congrats D!! Can't wait to see it with all the trim back on.:friday:

Reactions: 7 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just being curious here Donovan. For you, was there any pressure to get your Cutlass to this point in the build? If so, is the pressure off, or will that happen when the car is completed?

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Guys, I’m way behind in thanking you all for the absolute ton of positive comments and love y’all have shown for me and the car. But I assure you I will address each and every bit of feedback you guys have taken the time to give.

In the meantime, a heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you. You guys are the best and your comments have been incredible.
Thank you.

Just being curious here Donovan. For you, was there any pressure to get your Cutlass to this point in the build? If so, is the pressure off, or will that happen when the car is completed?

No Jeff, there has been and never really was any pressure to get it painted other than what I put on myself. I had decided way back in the fall of last year that I wanted to try my very best to get the car painted by early spring, and I pushed myself as hard as I could to try and achieve that goal. I am my own best motivation/worst enemy that way, no one can push me as hard as I push myself. I figure I’m probably a month or two behind where I would’ve liked to see myself on the car, but I think I can live with that given the Herculean effort it’s taken to get here. It’s been way more work than even I thought it would be, but then again once the snowball started rolling I kinda upped the entire build level. Believe it or not this was supposed to be just a simple repair and repaint job.

So much for that plan!

But to answer the last part of your question, yes, the bulk of the pressure is now definitely off as I’ve attained the goal I’ve set out for myself. I’ll be happier once it’s cut and buffed and fully reassembled now mind you, but that’s just me wanting a finished product.

I’m off on a week’s holiday all this week and have started doing some reassembly on stuff that won’t interfere with wet sanding and polishing the car, I thought I’d throw up a few teaser pics of how it’s going and looking in the meantime:

7CFBB689-ECD8-41C3-86B2-802857B93DC0.jpeg

46DB90CB-C531-4129-9538-CB8D49B655A3.jpeg

E21396A5-566C-45CE-8AD4-4CBFEB522342.jpeg

3015A47E-56F0-4610-8754-BB03B2C64242.jpeg

554868C0-A1C0-4559-BAD0-8FDF8B4AEF1E.jpeg

E23C7517-8407-4771-9D22-F398E8917AFF.jpeg

I don’t know exactly when I’ll start cut and buffing the clearcoat just yet because it’s still so fresh and soft, it’ll likely need a couple weeks to fully harden up before I wanna attempt it.

Many more pics to come as it gradually gets put back together more and more, so stay tuned...

D.

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 24 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor