BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Meet the President.

Y’all crack me up!

Have you guys considered consulting your physicians for your feelings of inadequacy?
😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
D, time and dedication are 2 things; patience is completely different! I generally just get tired of F-ing with something. It's that turbulent sea where the A.D.D. river meets the O.C.D. bay......

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
D, time and dedication are 2 things; patience is completely different! I generally just get tired of F-ing with something. It's that turbulent sea where the A.D.D. river meets the O.C.D. bay......

Yep, I understand completely believe it or not. I may not have A.D.D obviously, but even I get tired of F-ing with this stuff too. I can usually only handle a couple hours at a time doing this before I either get bored and lose interest, or just plain need a break from it.
Same with the body work on the car, partially why it’s taking me so bloody long.

Reactions: 1 user

B's 87mcss

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2018
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Hey D, my ADD squirrel had a heart attack and died when he heard I actually finished a project, R.I.P. little fella:cry:
IMG_0299.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
E316685C-E4DC-4BA4-ACE8-3CB4A77CA3A3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Day-um!!!

Got this sh*t down to a near fine art now.
Almost done the driver’s side.

6244AED7-DB3A-4E18-9CFA-201EBDB311DD.jpeg

11BCBA0E-3E32-4462-B5D1-1CE7B1E97637.jpeg

E6C7E50A-A57C-421A-8A18-029508068422.jpeg

This is all that’s left to finish up the straightening process:

3F8CEF9E-2B72-42A1-AC60-3960502B6DDF.jpeg

Not too bad for only two nights work!

Brian, if you’re reading this, this is one of the mouldings I got from you earlier this year. It really required a minimum amount of work compared to the other ones I have, thanks again for reaching out on them.

D.

Reactions: 9 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Your very welcome, as expected you put the Rktpwrd finishing touches on them. Also thanks for sharing, always wondered how the hell you get those little dings out of trim pieces

Yep, that’s how it’s done near as I can tell. It just takes a boatload of patience and a real delicate touch with the body hammer on the underside.

Bonus with this process, if it was desired to restore the trim to its original brightness/gloss/shine, you would just continue with progressively finer and finer grits of sandpaper until it was ready to polish. Then polish the heck out of it with a buffing wheel and the appropriate polishing rouge.

I’ve polished many a stainless steel part for The Juggernaut this way, but it would work just the same on trim.

Reactions: 2 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I’ve polished many a stainless steel part for The Juggernaut this way, but it would work just the same on trim.

What great work! The patience is unbelievable! One question... From the above, it sounds as if the parts are stainless, but I thought they were aluminum. Would you be doing it the same way if it was aluminum?

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor