BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The tone of the update gives me the impression it isn't as fun right now. I've been there. Kudos to you for continuing to chip away at it. You do awesome work Donovan. That's already a really special car. You're over the hump on the body restoration, at least it looks like it to me. I hope it gets fun again soon. I think once you get past the door mouldings that will put some wind at your back.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Donovan, if you and Hutch get tired of working on your own shiit I’ll gladly send up my 85 442 you can get started on. Hahaha! :)

Reactions: 3 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Donovan, if you and Hutch get tired of working on your own shiit I’ll gladly send up my 85 442 you can get started on. Hahaha! :)

Oh No!! I can't get my own :poop: done on my baby! No time for a side piece

Thread hijack over....back to greatness.

Hutch

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
The tone of the update gives me the impression it isn't as fun right now. I've been there. Kudos to you for continuing to chip away at it. You do awesome work Donovan. That's already a really special car. You're over the hump on the body restoration, at least it looks like it to me. I hope it gets fun again soon. I think once you get past the door mouldings that will put some wind at your back.

I agree, sometimes the tedious jobs, or the ones you have to do over ( or both) can def make you want to take a walk away from it for awhile. sadly, many of us create this problem for ourselves by either doing it quickly/shodily, or being nit picky about it where we overdo things. like Jared said, once you're back into the bigger things that really show progress, things will feel better.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Support Group! :friday:

I for one am completely jealous that you have at least 6 more pliers clamps than I do!

I’m goin’ to town tomorrow . . . :unsure: I just need more clamps D!

Seriously, though most of it is health related, part of my delay on my 87 once I got to frame separation was (because my health will not allow this to be done twice) I’m going to take my time, map it all out how exactly I’m going to do it, and then do it!

But first, I clearly need more pliers clamps . . . (y)

I understand your delay completely Garth. Thankfully I still have my health, sad to say but it’s something I take for granted most of the time. I applaud you for making the best of your situation and doing the best you can when possible.

No go buy more of those spring clamps, they’re extremely handy!!
😁

Forward progress is good progress, enjoy the garage time on your staycation!

Thanks Mike, that’s the plan for the remainder of the week.

It ain't progress with out those steps back.

Truth right there... unfortunately.

Always amazed at the quality even in the little details, looking forward to what you come up with on the headlights/buckets

Thanks for the compliments. The headlight buckets won’t be anything exotic like on The Juggernaut, these just need a little TLC. Straighten out the flanges, give them a thorough blasting and cleanup, then a couple coats of epoxy and satin black to restore the look.

I might get a little more creative with the trim rings, being as they’re stainless I can easily give them a light brushed finish to carry on the theme.
It’ll probably happen, maybe.
😁

Can't appreciate where you are going, if you don't know where you've been.

Vacation, eh? I need to try some of that.

That’s a phrase I’ve said for years, it rings true for so many things.
As for vacation, it’s very therapeutic. I highly recommend it.
😅

Thanks for the inspiring reply Jared. It wasn’t my intention to come across as discouraged, but I quite possibly am, a little bit at least. I guess I just hold myself to a certain standard and expectation, and aren’t fully satisfied unless I achieve what I feel is possible.
It’s felt really good so far, the time that I’ve been able to spend on the car this week. Like you said, I just need a few things to start going my way again, and I’ll be away to the races once more.
Getting out in front of these mouldings and trim will go a long ways towards that.

Thanks for the comment my friend.

Hang in there Donovan. Your work looks awesome. The devil is in the details.

Thank you Jeff!

No problem!
I can’t speak for Hutch, but I’ll just go ahead and add you to my list, behind (in no particular order), NorthernRegal, and SN696, and MotorheadMike, and InjectedCutty, and 1evilregal, and...and...and...
😅

Sad part is, there might actually be a viable business opportunity there, but in my experience (and no one take this personally), G body guys tend to be a lot like me; full of hopes and dreams but not willing or able to spend the amounts of capital required to make it happen. (Unlike the StreetRod and ‘64-72 MuscleCar crowds, which seem to have much more disposable income).

I agree, sometimes the tedious jobs, or the ones you have to do over ( or both) can def make you want to take a walk away from it for awhile. sadly, many of us create this problem for ourselves by either doing it quickly/shodily, or being nit picky about it where we overdo things. like Jared said, once you're back into the bigger things that really show progress, things will feel better.

Agreed Darin!
It’s just one of those things, I’ve gotta continue to persevere and slug through the obstacles that pop up.
Challenge accepted...
And I know I’m overly picky, that’s just a personality trait of mine that unfortunately I can do nothing about.

I’ve already got a few new developments to share with you guys, work that has been started on the header panel, as well as some news on the moulding that’s out for repair. Unfortunately not all of it is good, but I’ll divulge more on that later.

Stay tuned...

Reactions: 13 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Awesome guy. Awesome work. Awesome thread... period!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor