BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys, Olds Cool and I need your help.

I’m in need of a couple of key parts, some of which are going to hold up the reassembly process if I don’t find them soon.
I’ll be posting this in the wanted section as well, but I figured I’d put it here as well for more exposure.

All parts are for a 1980 Olds Cutlass Calais, unless they’re a universal G body fit part.

I’m looking for the driver’s side front seatbelt assembly for bucket seats with retractor in Dark Claret. It must have the same buckle finish as my existing one, unless I replace both fronts and the stalks so they match:

B7074D5D-1CBD-4AA2-B329-9468EA2E5E79.jpeg

7516A315-0813-411C-818C-2212456F9F5A.jpeg

Looking for a better condition rear center bumper filler panel, goes directly behind the license plate. Nothing that’s warped or has irreparable damage like mine does (left side):

6EEC8F92-F914-4A53-B98C-D4D2A11B8400.jpeg

“Cutlass Calais” script emblem for the driver’s side upper interior door panel:

A6F0D2A7-58FA-4D51-9011-1E3CD2FDFB8E.jpeg

“25 hole” 1980 only Cutlass Calais passenger’s side grille. Cracked mounting tabs are ok, but no missing/broken off ones. Chrome must be intact and in good shape, no peeling:

2C0B096E-4215-4D1E-A0E3-3848AA6645CA.jpeg

And last but not least, the lower chrome bucket seat hinge cover, again for the driver’s side:

1BEBB6C5-12A0-43BD-B9C8-3FBDE8E900D3.jpeg

If you can supply or provide any assistance/help locating any of these parts, please contact me. Either here, via PM, or on the other wanted ad. I’ll be bumping this request weekly until all the items have been found, so if y’all don’t wanna keep seeing it, help me find them!

PayPal ready, will cover the shipping.

TIA,

Donovan

Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Just for kicks before you weld them up, try rotating the PS tip 90 CCW and the DS 90 CW just to see what "you" think? Just trying to parallel the exits with the body panels. May look like complete $hit . . . but just curious.

Sigh, wish I had wheels on mine . . . looking like an actual car again instead of various stages of parts piles is a good thing. (y)
Wife thinks I bought the 67 because I am abandoning my 87. That is ABSOLUTELY untrue! Just seems like it . . . :doh:

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Hey guys, Olds Cool and I need your help.

I’m in need of a couple of key parts, some of which are going to hold up the reassembly process if I don’t find them soon.
I’ll be posting this in the wanted section as well, but I figured I’d put it here as well for more exposure.

All parts are for a 1980 Olds Cutlass Calais, unless they’re a universal G body fit part.

I’m looking for the driver’s side front seatbelt assembly for bucket seats with retractor in Dark Claret. It must have the same buckle finish as my existing one, unless I replace both fronts and the stalks so they match:

View attachment 84399

View attachment 84400

Looking for a better condition rear center bumper filler panel, goes directly behind the license plate. Nothing that’s warped or has irreparable damage like mine does (left side):

View attachment 84401

“Cutlass Calais” script emblem for the driver’s side upper interior door panel:

View attachment 84402

“25 hole” 1980 only Cutlass Calais passenger’s side grille. Cracked mounting tabs are ok, but no missing/broken off ones. Chrome must be intact and in good shape, no peeling:

View attachment 84403

And last but not least, the lower chrome bucket seat hinge cover, again for the driver’s side:

View attachment 84405

If you can supply or provide any assistance/help locating any of these parts, please contact me. Either here, via PM, or on the other wanted ad. I’ll be bumping this request weekly until all the items have been found, so if y’all don’t wanna keep seeing it, help me find them!

PayPal ready, will cover the shipping.

TIA,

Donovan

I'm on it! Let the hunt for parts begin!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm on it! Let the hunt for parts begin!

Thanks Victor! I’d really appreciate the help. The seatbelt is the biggie at this point, I need to get it replaced so I can get the seatbelt box reinstalled and start buttoning up some of the interior.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Oh! And there’s the innuendo!!
Y’know, there’s nothing wrong with admiring a nice set of tips, just as long as you don’t try and touch ‘em...
:ROFLMAO:
C'mon, get your mind out of the gutter....dirty old man....:LOL:

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I know Brian at Gbodyparts carries the chrome hinge covers, but can't remember if they are the entire set, or if pieces can come individually...will check my seatbelts from the Regal, if I can find where i stashed them... don't be holding your breath on them though...

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I know Brian at Gbodyparts carries the chrome hinge covers, but can't remember if they are the entire set, or if pieces can come individually...will check my seatbelts from the Regal, if I can find where i stashed them... don't be holding your breath on them though...

Thanks Darin. I know G body parts sells the chrome pieces, but I was hoping to find something I wouldn’t have to remortgage my house for first!
I’d appreciate you looking through your stuff for seatbelts etc as well.
Much appreciated!

Reactions: 3 users

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
Just for kicks before you weld them up, try rotating the PS tip 90 CCW and the DS 90 CW just to see what "you" think? Just trying to parallel the exits with the body panels. May look like complete $hit . . . but just curious.

I went back to the pic of the PS exhaust tip to see what Garth was talking about here and can see his point - the plane of the exhaust outlet may match the plane of the lower aft fender panel in a curiously satisfying way. Or not. Imagining relationships among physical objects while rotating them along non orthogonal axes is a skill I think only wizards have. That leaves me out.

Cheers - Gary

Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I had forgotten how good those wheels looked. Good luck on your parts search.

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor