Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
DSCN2443.JPG

DSCN2442.JPG

Just a few shots of some paint work that I managed to get done. The grey coating you see is not primer. it is actually a grey anti-rust preventative coating from RUST CHECK and no, I am not shilling for the company. It is just a product that I have used in certain instances which seems to work well.

DSCN2449.JPG
DSCN2450.JPG

And the money shots. When my van was still new and pristine, its engine came in a shade of blue that I will call, for lack of a better name, GM Corporate Engine Blue. I couldn't find it as a part number or a can color at the parts store so I took a sample in to my Paint Shop and they mixed a batch for me that is so extremely close to the original that only difference is the gloss of the new stuff. It'll fade over time with exposure to heat and UV but when I shot the engine for the Van, the remaining blue and the new stuff blended so well that telling new from old was difficult.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor