Project what the hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
So my 80 malibu was more rust then car. The floor peeled off with the carpet. The body mounts were gone. Unfortunately 2 months ago we had some high sustained winds for a few days and the body shifted and fell through the frame.
I stored the 3.8 supercharged engine. Maybe put that in a jeep one day .

So rewind 2 weeks I get a call from my buddy I got the 80 from. He got some family things going in the right direction and how as a single dad needs to clear some projects out. So I bought his running 78 malibu 4spd. Solid floor and quarters, bad fenders but I have good ones.
New plan now is take the junk 80 body off the frame. Build the frame proper and do suspension brakes and rear on the frame. Same plan I had just now I can drive one while working on the other.

The big moves is I still have a 010 350 block and a full forged rotating assembly. I've been pricing out a 1:77 build up until my boss asked me to do some fab work for him and gave me the 3500 mile stock turbo from his power stroke. So now I'm thinking good heads and a blow through carb. It worked for roadkill on the rotsun so why the hell not. Even figure since the 80 body is junk I'll cut the firewall off and attach the mounts and the junk fenders from the 78 to build the turbo setup while still driving my car.
So questions, comments, positive thoughts, cash donations whatever lol

Attachments

• 7501.jpeg
    7501.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 7493.jpeg
    7493.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Sounds like you ran into some good fortune. I don't think I would use that turbo my self. The turbo is the hart of the build. A well matched turbo to your setup will perform awesome. If you get that wrong it will be a pig. Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
Well not so much good fortune. My buddy called me before I gave him the rest of the money and someone offered him a hell of a lot more. I couldn't say f that I was here first. Been my friend since 2nd grade and needs the money. He just got his son in a custody battle. So back to the books for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor