Proper coolant level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

Greasemonkey
Dec 18, 2015
Monongahela Pa
Sorry for so many threads but I have multiple projects. Did the intake gasket. Filled both the rad and overfill tank. Ran it for approximately 35 minutes. Cold the rad level is even with the first row of fins."about an inch" down in the rad. Is this normal? Level in the tank is perfect. Think I'm paranoid but I'd rather check. My Datsun cars were always just under the cap.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
you probably haven't driven it far enough(got it hot enough) to burp the air out and let the overflow tank do its job.

Lazarus

Greasemonkey
Dec 18, 2015
Monongahela Pa
Thanks again for the advise. This is my first time at bat with a domestic. Spent years with Nissan straight sixes. From doing heads and engine swaps got a little cocky with my ability. Quadrajet electronic carb well put me in my place. Still trying to figure it all out. Never had a car take so long to burp. Today I'll take a nice long ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor