Proper Introduction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Ok last week when I joined, I jumped in head first, and didn't properly introduce myself! First, I would like to thank GBF for accepting me as a member. I'm 38 years old, and a native of Ga. I drive a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. I'm into all styles when it comes to them also. The current build is jacked up with rims, however when finished, I will start on something I can drive down the strip! It has a 307, with a 200-4R transmission. I've had a 3 - 7 inch body lift. Also, Energy Suspension bushings placed all around. Rear end geared to 3.73. Just got finished building a 72 Olds Rocket, with Edelbrock Performance Heads, and Intake. Roller rocker assembly with a rough idle cam. I've decided to go with a Quadrajet Carb, I pulled from my nephews Olds 403. I'm going with dual exhaust, and 40 series Flow masters for that deep classic muscle car sound. Next I'm replacing the coil springs with Moog heavy duty springs, and upgrading tie rods, drag link, etc. I'm excited to be apart of this commnunity, and I appreciate all the help. I've had this car for 2 years, and in that time I've gained some knowledge about my Cutty, and the 307 in it. It has over 300,000 miles and still runs flawless. This car will be something to give my son, when he is able to drive, so everything has to be perfect. Everything from performance of course, to handling, to the looks. Here are a few pics.
20161003_130252-1.jpg 20161003_130226.jpg

Attachments

• 20140618_020521.jpg
    20140618_020521.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 210
  • 20140617_214454.jpg
    20140617_214454.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Welcome aboard from Louisville man, it's said all the time on here....but seriously there is a ton of knowledge floating around so don't hesitate with questions!
BTW, what kind of headlight bulbs do you have? Look super bright in the pic like HID's.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Injectedcutty they are xenon h.i.d. hi/low beam 8k. I have them set where all 4 headlights are on, and they all switch from a low beam to high beam. I could have done the the original way, 2 low, and 2 high, but I like it better this way. By the way thanks for welcome.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Injectedcutty they are xenon h.i.d. hi/low beam 8k. I have them set where all 4 headlights are on, and they all switch from a low beam to high beam. I could have done the the original way, 2 low, and 2 high, but I like it better this way. By the way thanks for welcome.
Hmmmm, curious how you wired them that way? I've always liked the idea of having all 4 lights on, but never dug into it to figure it out. Being I'm closing in on paint and reassembly, nows the time if any to learn something new if your up to sharing.
Also, where did you source them? I've looked at all the crappie offered on ebay but I'm hesitant to splurge on lighting that doesn't last a normal life cycle. Predicate it man.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Hmmmm, curious how you wired them that way? I've always liked the idea of having all 4 lights on, but never dug into it to figure it out. Being I'm closing in on paint and reassembly, nows the time if any to learn something new if your up to sharing.
Also, where did you source them? I've looked at all the crappie offered on ebay but I'm hesitant to splurge on lighting that doesn't last a normal life cycle. Predicate it man.
I don't mind at all! I actually bought them from Ebay. The company had great feeback, and it was called Xenon same as the bulbs. So, I thought the were pretty reputable. Everything comes with the kit. All wires, connectors, and the ballast, also know as a conversion box. So, instead of buying one kit, which comes with one set of bulbs, I bought two. That allowed me to run both. You just have to pull the wires from your stock headlight plug, and insert them into the plugs provided with the kit, and it plugs in the same, as the stock headlight bulb.Here is a pic of the passenger side. 20161004_093049.jpg 20161004_093049.jpg 20161004_093106.jpg

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I've got a rally pack dash cluster I'm going to get rebuilt, and install. I prefer it over the sweeper neddle. I've got new marker lights, all around, and the under hood carpet. I haven't put any of this on, but have it handy. I'm also going to redo the door rubbber, and window fuzzy. My son feel in live with these cars when he was only 3. I had an 82 Cutlass Supreme with a Chevy 383 stroker, r.i.p. My wife put that one to rest, but now that my son is 13, it won't be long before he will start driving. I want something I can pass on to him.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I don't mind at all! I actually bought them from Ebay. The company had great feeback, and it was called Xenon same as the bulbs. So, I thought the were pretty reputable. Everything comes with the kit. All wires, connectors, and the ballast, also know as a conversion box. So, instead of buying one kit, which comes with one set of bulbs, I bought two. That allowed me to run both. You just have to pull the wires from your stock headlight plug, and insert them into the plugs provided with the kit, and it plugs in the same, as the stock headlight bulb.Here is a pic of the passenger side. View attachment 55155 View attachment 55155 View attachment 55156
Cool, thanks I will look into that company and see what they have to offer.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Welcome aboard, always good to see another fellow member from GA.

It sounds like you already know your way around these cars a bit, but you're in the right place to learn the things and get help with whatever you don't!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor