PSA- When you have no idea what you're selling on ebay...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
These are the people that make things not fun when trying to restore your car and searching for parts. This seller must think putting a GM parts box in the picture validates his claim as an NOS part. Hopefully he was duped wherever he got it from. Because if he's trying to fake it, he should be slapped.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=264771000992

What he doesn't realize is that HURST sold their version of the hood ornament with the Hurst logo in the center. GM never did. You used to be able to find them everywhere, in the parts stores on the racks and everywhere just about for around 10-20 bucks IIRC. Hindsight says I should have bought every one I could find at the time. :) The real Hurst/Olds used a similar ornament but had black/chrome "Oldsmobile" script in the center section. GMSPO would sell you the Oldsmobile script versions. They've repro-ed the Olds script one for about 150 bucks thereabouts from the typical repro parts places.

Repeat: GM DID NOT SELL THE HURST LOGO EMBLEMS. Don't be fooled. It may be NOS, but it's not GM NOS.

1677197-32938-1973-oldsmobile-cutlass.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Another note is if it was a "NOS GM" part where is the GM part number? That guy is as bad as those who sell out right used parts as NOS even when they list them as used. Guess they don't know what the N meas in NOS.

Reactions: 2 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Or the people that sell “NOS” parts without a box or tag. Those are the typical, and sometimes only, identifiers of NOS parts. If I can’t get either of those with my door strikers, they might as well just be the $10 aftermarket repops (as an example).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Another note is if it was a "NOS GM" part where is the GM part number? That guy is as bad as those who sell out right used parts as NOS even when they list them as used. Guess they don't know what the N meas in NOS.
Some people mistakenly use NOS when they actually mean OEM. Because they don't know what the acronym means. Some do try to pull crap every now and again, though. If you got the part in the box, it should generally have a part number. Although Delco SOMETIMES had older parts boxes stamped "Air Cleaner Part" or some crap like that. Without any part number. I got a few of those examples around here somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor