PSI harness - Check Engine/MIL light constant on

SStavin

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Wrapping up Dakota Digital RTX gauges and the check engine light is constant on while key-on or running. I have the MIL wire from the PSI Conversion harness running to the Dakota Digital box engine connector location. I contacted them and they said I may need to put a 1k resistor in-line. Anyone have a similar situation? I want to better understand what is going on here.

Reactions: Tony1968
fleming442

fleming442

Geezer
Dec 26, 2013
Checked the MIL wire with a multimeter and I'm getting 75 ohms
Uhhhhh, no. Determine whether it is a negative or positive output, and test accordingly. And, by test I mean, is it operating correctly? Does it come on with ignition on, then go dead or is it putting out a constant signal?
Have you put a scanner on it? Maybe it has a code and the light is supposed to be on?

• Agree
Reactions: Injectedcutty
SStavin

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
haha thanks for entertaining my inept electrical diagnostic skills. the MIL wire is a ground. I originally had it running to a 12v bulb and from the bulb to 12v switched power and now to the dakota digital gauges with the same results. It comes on with key-on and stays on while the car is running. I have checked for codes using the torque app+BT scanner as well as HP tuners. No codes pending or stored.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P G-Body LS Swap 6

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor