PSI harness - Check Engine/MIL light constant on

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The resistor won't hurt anything if it's in series. I imagine that it would go between the ECM and DD input. I'd be leary of throwing 12v to the ECM negative out through anything.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

thesalboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2020
But that is exactly what DD is telling me to do. A resistor on the ECM ground circuit between the ECM and DD control box would just prevent the light from lighting at all, I'd think.

thesalboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2020
The resistor was the fix. For my application I Ran the check engine wire into the Dakota unit and tapped an additional wire from 12v key on source with a 1k resistor in line. You may also be able to use a light bulb

Great news, thanks!

Sounds like DD needs to update their sh*t beyond standard bulbs. It's 2020, people!!

My DD unit is entirely LED. That's the problem, according to DD: the ECU wants to see more resistance to its monitoring voltage, but the LED is too low ohms. DD also noted the option of using a light bulb, but my general warning light (where fasten seat belt light used to be) is LED too, so it likely wouldn't have fixed it.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Great news, thanks!

My DD unit is entirely LED. That's the problem, according to DD: the ECU wants to see more resistance to its monitoring voltage, but the LED is too low ohms. DD also noted the option of using a light bulb, but my general warning light (where fasten seat belt light used to be) is LED too, so it likely wouldn't have fixed it.
Damn, this gave me a literal "lightbulb" moment. The SES light I installed into my custom gauge cluster is LED. Been having issues with it staying on and running HP Tuners. It keeps throwing a code saying MIL low voltage. Duh! I'll find a resistor and add it in and see if it works.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor