PST The Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
As many of you may know I love Malibus especially the 79 that I picked up this summer. The car is a clean and rust free original with now 61k on the clock. I have talked with the sales manager and have decided it is time to start building. My goal here is show you guys what we offer from a customers point of view. Meaning I will be doing all this work in my garage with no heat(lol) and basic tools. The only perk will be my mid-rise lift. The premise of the build is to show and educate our customers on the products that we carry that can enhance their car’s handling characteristics. It will also show that many of these parts can be installed in a weekend with some time and patience. One part will be showing how to pick the correct parts and install them in the right order so you don’t create double the amount of work.

Thanks
James

jamesMalibu_DSC_0015.jpg

jamesMalibu_DSC_0020.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
I spent this past weekend installing PST''s Trailing Arm Kit and Vi-Kings smoothed body aluminum adjustable shocks in the rear. The install was relatively easy with no broken bolts and only some minor cuts and bruises to the knuckles LOL. I did a side at a time replacing the factory GM trailing arm which surprisingly were rust free and even the bushing were in relatively good shape.But I left all the trailing arms bolts loose till I could pre-load the suspension and torque them to spec. The new arm are a great upgrade for many reasons. They improve traction by reducing wheel hop and eliminating unwanted suspension deflection. We offer the upper in solid and adjustable if pinion angle is a issue for you.

79Malibu1_zpsa1b95c55.jpg

79Malibu2_zps6122c790.jpg

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
DSC_0063_zpsaa436f9b.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsaceeb432.jpg

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
The install of the Vi-King Shocks were a breeze. They have 19 positions of adjust-ability and are made of light-weight twin body aluminum construction with 5/8" piston rod. So from cruising to handling is just a matter of a few turns on the shock.PST did want to thank Christina King from Vi-King who supplied the shocks and the front coil-overs that will be installed at a later date.
DSC_0082_zps3a86b8bd.jpg

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Here is a great comparison between the original flimsy lower trailing and the PST boxed greasable trailing arm.
DSC_0088_zps1e252cf8.jpg

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
undercarriagePhoto_DSC_0064_zps038cb306.jpg

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Drool everywhere!! BEAUTIFUL Bu!!! Love how you are doing this from a "customer's point of view" to show guys how easy this work is to do with simple tools and a little elbow grease. "subscribed"... Man she looks great!!! Beautiful detailed photos also bruh. Nice!! Keep em comin!!

Elco Warren 8)
80z :twisted:

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
tc1959 said:
I have a dumb question ..why is the lower replacement arm so much longer?

It's actually an optical illusion. I thought the same thing yesterday, I Put the old next to the new one and went aww crap I pulled the wrong arms. The center to center on the bolt holes match up exactly. This car will be driven between upgrade so I can see the improvement in each upgrade a share my thoughts.

Thanks
James

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
james@pst said:
tc1959 said:
I have a dumb question ..why is the lower replacement arm so much longer?

It's actually an optical illusion. I thought the same thing yesterday, I Put the old next to the new one and went aww crap I pulled the wrong arms. The center to center on the bolt holes match up exactly. This car will be driven between upgrade so I can see the improvement in each upgrade a share my thoughts.

Thanks
James
I was wondering that thanks , It must be nice having that mid height lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor