Pulley and bracket conversion kits???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
What manufacture`s pulley and bracket conversion kits has anybody used? Do they fit well, were they reasonably priced, and did everything work correctly. I am looking to use the 5 or 6 rib flat belts and would be going on an 83 Malibu wagon with a new 10 1/2 to 1 406 pump gas motor street strip car. Needs to cool. Any help??

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just converted mine this week. Factory GM brackets... Be careful of the aftermarket ones. Most have different size pullies and will slow your accessories down. I had issues with polished pullies because it slowed the water pump and started running hot.
IMG_20180329_205118.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
Not exactly what we are looking for. Crank,wp, alt, and power steering. Good looking set up though.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Not exactly what we are looking for. Crank,wp, alt, and power steering. Good looking set up though.
So you are looking for an aftermarket serpentine set up with no a/c? Single belt or two?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Umm, that's all I'm running in that pic. So not quite sure what you want then.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I had a March serpentine setup on my 355. It was the high water flow kit. It looked stellar, never had a cooling issue, and I had two belts for w/p, alt, and power steering.
20141102_190334.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
FWIW the factory setup on the later V8 cars used a flat belt on the Alt, WP and Crank then a Vbelt for power steering.
All factory stuffs, no special brackets needed.
I tossed an vbelt off the alternator at 6000 rpms which dented my hood. Switched to the flat belt and have not had a single issue since

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
FWIW the factory setup on the later V8 cars used a flat belt on the Alt, WP and Crank then a Vbelt for power steering.
All factory stuffs, no special brackets needed.
I tossed an vbelt off the alternator at 6000 rpms which dented my hood. Switched to the flat belt and have not had a single issue since

I do have one of those setup`s. Think it is off of about an 84 Camaro. I am tempted to try it.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I got my stuff off of a 92 S Blazer with a 4.3l throttle body. Everything was perfect. Remember you have to change water pump as it is reverse impeller

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor