Pulling /widening stock fenders??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsdank81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland
I've been combing through some old posts regarding g-bodies in nascar and love the look of the cutlass with all four fenders widened. Would it be possible to get such a result with stock fenders?
Hammer and dolly?
Maybe they just used brand new sheet metal?
Any thoughts are appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    825 KB · Views: 737

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Those fenders are just sheet metal and have no lip and they can be pulled out by hand. They also have no inner fenders or wheel wells.

Oldsdank81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland
Hey Jeremyandthemonte, are you making your own fenders or modifying your stock body panels?

I think the rear will be more of a task. I've been working a few front fenders I have laying Around and they respond well to hammer/dolly

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Hey Jeremyandthemonte, are you making your own fenders or modifying your stock body panels?

I think the rear will be more of a task. I've been working a few front fenders I have laying Around and they respond well to hammer/dolly
i am taking the front fenders and cutting them and widening them. I was thinking about adding flares I borrow the flare ;) off my brothers 2014 Silverado because it is a square. It didn't fit but you could cut it and make your own with that flare. I will post pictures tomorrow of my template I also have a drawing of the rear widened.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
PLEASE do^^^ beenn in discussion on this very subject a couple times over on mcSS .so far people are just widening the arch/wheel well section.would like to pull off something with the GP quarter effect,feel me?;)

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
PLEASE do^^^ beenn in discussion on this very subject a couple times over on mcSS .so far people are just widening the arch/wheel well section.would like to pull off something with the GP quarter effect,feel me?;)
Will do I have not started any metal work sadly due to I need the car on the road this summer but I do have spare fenders to start cutting and modifying. I have a lot of influence from time attack car builds and the older trans am/ stock car

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
im gonna cut some quarters out of one of my parts grand prix's and "see" what it "takes" to make it "happen":)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor