push button start questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfldwrb2030

Apprentice
May 25, 2010
hey so i have a 72 350 rocket in my 88 cutty supreme classic and i wanna put push button start so i went to the alarm shop to ask them if they do and they said no they cant because it needs a computer and i wanna know if this is true that i cant put it on my car thanks

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
You just need a hot wire and run it to the starter and your set

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
1: Don't let that stereo shop touch your car, they're retards
2: There are a few companies out there making a product that uses RFID (like newer cars), with a push button start.
Here's one:
http://www.auto-hub.com/stardrive_push_ ... ition.html

It's a little pricy, but I'm sure there are a few option out there. It looks like you can bypass a key altogether with this type of setup and have some additional security.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
They sell cheaper ones in the help section at most parts stores. Dad had to use one temporarily on his dart

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I'm planning on doing it in my Cutlass. I have experience in mobile electronics. Your gonna need a few relays but it's not really too difficult. It's much more than just a button though. I'm not sure how much you know about wiring. Maybe once I get it done I'll post a schematic.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'll talk to my old man. Maybe its because mopar ignition systems are much simpler than GM but it should still be the same concept. He didn't wire up relays to his push button.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Should be able to just hook the push button to the wires from your ignition switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor