Pushrod length measurements????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I will be using a Comp Cams pushrod length checker to measure for pushrod length after I get the measurements can I use a digital caliper to get the pushrod measurements?

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
What you can do if you have stock pushrods is measure the difference between a known length and the checking tool.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I will be using a Comp Cams pushrod length checker to measure for pushrod length after I get the measurements can I use a digital caliper to get the pushrod measurements?
If you buy the Comp Hi tech pushrod length checker it is marked in increments so you don't need a caliper.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I bought the Comp Cams 7705 with the 4 checkers in the kit,will they have the increments ?
Yes, the kit has the markings and will not require a dial caliper for measurement, I only have 3 checkers I bought the first 2 for my BBC's and the last one for my SBC in the Regal.
They work well and it is easy to figure your needed length.

Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
If all else fails, most places will accept your checker through the mail.

Talk to the co. ahead of time, get your adjustment where you need it, tape the adjuster so it can't move, package it and send it off. You get your correct length pushrods sent to you with your checker packed with it.

Hutch

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor