Putting 04-08 GP console/shifter in 88 Monte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowestmonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2017
Hey guys, I just put a set of 84 SS buckets into my originally bench seat column shift 88 Monte LS. I'm thinking about getting a console out of a newer Grand Prix, as I've seen them on here a few times before and I think they look real nice if done correctly. I know I'll have to fabricate a mounting bracket for the rear of the console, But I'm more worried about the shifter. I was wondering if I should get the original floor shifter out of a g body and find a way to mount it to the console, or if I should get the shifter out of the same GP the console came out of? And if I do get the shifter out of a GP, how would I mount it and what shifter cable would I use (I have a 200-4r)? Thanks a lot for the help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor