Putting on euro 88 cutlass front end on 1982 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicente

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2015
I got the fenders hood front header panel do i need the inner fenders and front radiator support to do the swap im pretty sure i need the inner fenders bc the cutty fenders wont bolt on the regal chassis but do i also need the front radiator support also?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would think the core support would be the same, are you going to modify the wheelwells?
Since Regal"s have a larger flare and the wheelwell is round compared to the more squared off Cutlass wheelwell with a smaller flare I would think this would be an important modification to be made so it does not look too weird.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
This Regal has what appear to be GNX fender flares to cover up the difference in wheelwell shapes.
I personally love the look of 84' and up Regal front ends and that would be the change I would make to an 82' Regal.

cutlass-front-regal-rear.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I like the cutlass front end on the regal!!

Reactions: 1 user

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
the only difference in fenders are the metal inners so what attach the fender to car the plastic wheel well ones are the same

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
The Regal core support is the same but is missing some of the brackets the Cutlass header requires. Best to just get a core support from a Cutlass or the upper brackets and headlight brackets.
I believe the inner fender wells are different, Google may answer that...

That Regal looks pretty cool BTW

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Having owned many of both, I can state with certainty the plastic wheelwells are different. You need the metal outer and inner, as well as the plastic wheelwell if making the change. Radiator core support is the same on regal/cutlass, and done forget the headlamp harness is different and you will need to make provision for the different style bulbs on the euro lights.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor