Pypes, Jegs, Summit, which one?? 1/16/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Pypes has put in a lot of time into R&D and they make a quality system.
Please read & look at the pictures of the hard work of their R&D.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Please read & look at the pictures of the hard work of their R&D.
If you notice his username, then look at the website he linked....it's his site and he is a vendor for Pypes so you know they become the best for that reason. Not knocking him, I've been in sales a lonnnnnng time so I get it.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If you notice his username, then look at the website he linked....it's his site and he is a vendor for Pypes so you know they become the best for that reason. Not knocking him, I've been in sales a lonnnnnng time so I get it.
Didn't check the link. Still have supressed rage over the end results of them say the made it wrong & told me to have a exhaust shop rebend them instead of them fixing the issue. But If needed I'd still by the side exit kit cause those here who used them say they do fit good/correctly.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How about that 3" exhaust from Holley? I bet Summit sends it to your house for free too!

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
How about that 3" exhaust from Holley? I bet Summit sends it to your house for free too!
Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards, just don't have all the funds ready yet. I get a decent xmas bonus, but never know when it's gonna show up...could be next week, could be a week before xmas.
If anybody wants to donate to the "scottsawesomeandneedsexhaust" fund that would be cool lmao!!!

• Haha
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 3 users

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
I've been hunting for the right exhaust kit for the Cutlass and having a hard time making a decision.
The Jegs kit isn't on sale right now, so it's only $50 cheaper than the Pypes Kit $500 which has X pipe and side exit which is what I want.
The Holley swap exhaust is amazing and proven to fit, but at $700+ it's a hard sell for this cheapskate! The Summit kit is pretty much the same as the Jegs kit so I'm sure fitment and such is similar.
I looked at kits without mufflers too as I have a pair of Pypes M80 that are basically new, but pretty sure they drone bad at cruising speeds. The other big contender is the Black Widow Venom 250 mufflers which sound really good on cammed motors!!!

I WILL NOT USE FLOWMASTERS!!!! Ran them in the past, as does every other hotrod in town so I'm going a different route.

Any and all feedback is encouraged. Thanks guys.
THANK YOU!!! Flowmasters are for 5.0 Fords IMO. Dare to be different 😏

Reactions: 1 user

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
I just pulled the trigger on a jegs universal 3” x pipe kit I’ll post in my build thread when install it. I also want 3” side exit tail pipes but I’m having the same problem of not finding any. I might just buy a mandrel bend kit and make my own 🤷‍♂. I got x-pipe,collectors and 4 band clamps for $134 I plan on reusing my Flowmasters even though I don’t want to I am definitely not going to weld them on lol.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I figured I should update this thread now. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Pypes 2-1/2" x pipe setup which is PN#SGG10S. it was already on sale, then summit sent me another discount code which saved another $20 and I got the kit shipped to me for $468!!!
I really like the Holley setup, but not another $250 like, I can use that money elsewhere. Also, this kit will be somewhat temporary until I get the boost installed.
All of the parts look really nice, but I'm disappointed with the hardware. You'd think some stainless stuff would be included, but instead some small diameter zinc plated u bolt clamps are in the box 😡. I'll likely upgrade them to stainless. Anyways, here are unboxed pics. I'll update the thread upon install, not sure when that'll be with the holidays coming.
20191219_214644.jpg
20191219_215730.jpg
20191219_221220.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I just wish them bastards (pypes) sold their tailpipes separately.

• Agree

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
I just wish them bastards (pypes) sold their tailpipes separately.
My dad bought me the Flowmaster 15819 3” tailpipes for 1964-1967 chevelle for Christmas I’ve read on a thread here that they fit. I’ll report back and let you guys know how they fit when I get them.

Attachments

• 40207E18-5866-4CF9-891F-0443FF57245C.png
    40207E18-5866-4CF9-891F-0443FF57245C.png
    948.4 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor