Pypes Street Pros on my Cutty with the Hooker Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnCutlass

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Glad you posted this. Sounds great. I have the same headers and the 3" system for my car. Any interior resonance?

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Nice sounding system....looking forward to my exhaust system sounding like that one day.... :mrgreen:

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
CdnCutlass said:
Glad you posted this. Sounds great. I have the same headers and the 3" system for my car. Any interior resonance?

None whatsoever

Now 3 inch you may.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Grandprixpaul said:
Sounds good , did you come with the buick 350 or did you put it in.

Dropped her in myself

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
toby how did you mount the rear hangers behind the mufflers to the pipes? im planning to switch out to band clamps and trying to figure out how to tackle that part. any photos of that part? i saw your others. btw sounds good. i have street pros on my 2.5 pypes system as well

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
mebe007 said:
toby how did you mount the rear hangers behind the mufflers to the pipes? im planning to switch out to band clamps and trying to figure out how to tackle that part. any photos of that part? i saw your others. btw sounds good. i have street pros on my 2.5 pypes system as well

You know I am glad I took all these pictures while I did this project to help people, I had the same concerns so I was sure to take plenty of pictures. I used teck screws with a cordless drill and fastened the hanger to the rear floor board support. It was a tight fit but they tucked up in there very nicely. I did use regular clamps with the hangers from pypes due to the design of the hanger. The hanger has a recess that allows that regular clamp to wedge itself between the hanger and the pipe very well. And it allows for asthetic adjustments.

Attachments

• DSCF5016.JPG
    DSCF5016.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 368
  • DSCF5015.JPG
    DSCF5015.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 365
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 361

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
yeah lol thats the same way mine is set up now. i didnt know if you were able to use the band clamp there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor