Qa1 pro Coil over front issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cj81bu

n00b
Aug 11, 2019
Hello I’m looking to see if anyone has had similar problems with the qa1 pro coil over conversion. This is on a 10 second 81malibu sbc bracket car I’m having inconsistent traction that never happened before with trick springs and stock a-arms. I have global west tubular a-arms with the r series single adjustable front shocks. I have tried the new longer travel springs but still seems like there is little travel or energy in the front. If the track is prepped good then it’s not much problem but if it gets late and the prep goes away I spin at the hit and loose .03-4 in the 60 fts. If the car is at rest and I push down on front it will stay there til I lift up, if I lift it stays up ?

Anyone had similar experiences or ideas for front shocks and springs with keeping my current a-arms ?

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Sorry, no need for coil overs on the front of a 10 second car. Nothing works better than stock type coils and shocks. You can’t get the travel and make it loose enough with coil overs. I ran stock a-arms with rubber bushings with single adjustable strange shocks and trick springs. Went 1.21 in 60’ and 8.80’s in my 3200 lbs chevelle.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Cj81bu

n00b
Aug 11, 2019
That's what I was afraid of I have the old single adjust shocks and trick springs but pitched the stock lowers. The new lowers are not setup for stock springs.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
For years I looked at changing out my front pieces to save weight but could never justify to cost to savings when what I had worked fine. I ran my car for 22 years from 11.20’s to 8.80’s and just slowly modded what I had. Started with trick springs and 3 ways, then to koni spa-1’s then strange single adjustables. But never could make the move based on how heavy my car was and how it ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor