Qft 125 w/ bypass regulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgbird80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 12, 2021
Hey guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to run a qft 125 pump with a bypass regulator or will I need a different style pump? The whole deadhead theory just doesn't make sense to me especially since I'll be driving In traffic on hot summer days. Thanks!

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Carb or EFI? That is a carb pump that is rated to 14 pis, which means you'll have zero fuel pressure with a carb setup at 14psi of boost. And won't work at all with EFI.

Give us a little more info about what you're running/building.

Bgbird80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 12, 2021
It would be feeding a holley 850 carb, it currently has this pump but I want to drive the car for longer periods with a bypass setup instead of a dead head setup. Wondering if I could still use this pump or need something new. The directions for the pump say its not meant for long periods of running

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Those are pretty much a holley blue or red pump in a sense just look slightly prettier and have a pressure relief valve in them, the also use same rebuild kits but a bypass regulator and return line wouldn't hurt to take load off the pump ,try to keep those pumps in a well vented area they tend to heat up on the street ,I use a aeromotive a1000 on the street ,how much hp you car have?

Reactions: 1 user

Bgbird80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 12, 2021
Yes that's what I'm mainly worried about..heat and vapor lock. I have my eye on an aeromotive 11203 with a holley bypass regulator that should do the trick.. just found holleys instructions on their quick fuel line and they all say not to run for extended periods. Was hoping I could run the existing pump.. but it's not looking like it. It'll be feeding a 500+ hp 357ci

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Well if your going to spend the cash for new pump and regulator it's better to more pump then you'll need , aeromotive makes really great stuff money well spent along with good quality fuel line that's proper size

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor