Qjet for 2.29 axle? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Got a AEM UEGO Wideband oxygen sensor/gauge and do some "real world" tests on road with the 17059222. The APT screw on the pretty lean 77 jet/52 rod combo from the 1977 (17057204) was bottomed out(!) from factory with a 350cui/THM350 power team.
My guess was right that the APT with the slightly richer 71/40 combo worked great with APT bottomed out...AFR`s are about 15.5-16.5 at light part throttle and MPG is 18-19 now..not tweaked for max. power but i`m fine with it (daily driver with Super 95):giggle:Also a tad more timing adv. turned out a good idea,i`ve 8deg now but i think it will take even more.12-14 deg (no pinging!) runs good but i couldnt get the idle speed down enough to pass the emission test :rolleyes: Test is showing 2% CO (3,5% allowed) @idle with idle mixture screws 2,5 turns out..

Maybe it helps somebody out, i`m going to do my body work now (rusted out rear body mounts, rear frame...)

Thanks everyone for your help here(y)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor