Quadrajet carburetor parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbodylady

Apprentice
Nov 22, 2020
Took the carb off my 1983 Cutlass last night,was not running right and found problems there.I will have a rebuild kit coming tommorrow.Took the base off and found the throttle shaft bores worn too,play in there.Tried to get the bushing kit and both of the parts stores I deal with can't get them.I am keeping this all stock and have rebuilt many quadrajet carbs with great luck.Only place I have been told to find them is online from certain places.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You pretty much can't get quality Qjet parts or kits from local stores anymore. Have to get them online from places such as Quadrajet Parts, Cliffs Performance, and Carbs Unlimited. You can also bush Qjets with Teflon strips which requires no drilling on the passenger side and only drilling the step bore a little deeper on the driver side, plus Teflon seals better than bronze bushings.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Do you have a online source for the teflon bushings? I like the sound of adding Teflon bushings vs the bronze. I plan on going through my 83 Canadian non CCC 800 cfm. They are calibrated way to lean at idle. I also have an extra 85 non CCC carb I may rebush and rebuild as well. I would like to give the teflon bushings a try.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
For DIY Teflon bushings you just cut strips out of .015 thick Teflon sheeting. You can buy Teflon (PTFE) from several different sources like Amazon or McMaster Carr. As I said the driver side may require drilling the stepped bore a little deeper, it would be wise to use a drill bit stop for this.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor