quarter panel replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
okay so i have asked some forum members here this already but i want some more people to help so first off i bought my first car which is my 1982 grand prix i knew my floors where bad so i went out and also bought a rust free 1982 cutlass shell and was just going to cut the peices off that and put them in my grand prix but then my dad had an idea off not cutting the floors out but cutting the whole rear off. so like the quarter panels and lower trunk etc to convert the cutlass shell to a grand prix shell so pretty much making a grand prix out of a cutlass shell. What are your thoughts on this?

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
My only thoughts, would have to be definitely post some pics if you do this. I have no problem with it, but you may have some people giving you crap for cutting up the Cutlass. Good luck to you

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
i will post some pictures up i have to wait till spring when my dads car rolls out of the garage and mine rolls in then i will start my build thread just gaining info before i start very very excited to get started

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't really know the exact differences between the quarter panels of the two cars as far as fitment but my guess is the body lines won't match up and look right on the same car.
The other issue is the wheelwell shape on a Cutlass which is flatter on the top edge and will definitely not look right mixed with the rounded Grand Prix wheelwell.
I personally would use what you can from the Cutlass and keep the Grand Prix as, well a Grand Prix.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
i have made my decision to not cut up the cutlass shell i am buying parts to build the cutlass which is already sitting on a monte carlo chassis i had laying around. i am also looking for a rust free grand prix shell if anyone knows of one or has one i will be willing to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor