Quarter window install-DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I will be using butyl on my Regal quarter windows when the time comes, by design it already has more support built in than a windshield so it is a non issue.
So I did a quick sketch on how I think the butyl should be applied. Since you've done it on the Monte, what do you think of this? Or, if you did it differently please educate me.
20180113_161328.jpg

Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I did a quick sketch on how I think the butyl should be applied. Since you've done it on the Monte, what do you think of this? Or, if you did it differently please educate me. View attachment 80437 Thanks!
Looks good and why is it not to scale?lol.
I basically stretched the butyl tying to keep it as uniform as possible and then went a little thinner for the loops around the studs.
On my Monte I washed it with a hose and nozzle after it was painted and with the interior not installed and I just had the quarter windows installed but without any butyl and I didn't get a drop of water in the car so that tells you how well the outer seal works under average conditions.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I swung by my bodyshop supply store earlier and picked up a roll of butyl tape, and weatherstrip adhesive. The paintshop said my car should be done and ready for transport tomorrow, so I've gotta figure out logistics now! Hopefully I will get it on Friday afternoon and can get the quarter glass in among a million other parts!
20180116_125510.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got the Cutlass back today, and promptly got the quarter windows in to prevent any possible damage! I followed my sketch for butyl tape layout, and they seem to have sealed up nicely!
20180119_163812.jpg
20180119_163904.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor