Question about oil safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caballero1981

Apprentice
Jun 20, 2016
Rolla
so I bought some oil and zinc additive.I left it im the bed of my car I woke up and noticed it had rained so I went out and got them. So my question is should they be safe to use or could they have gotten any water in them and be unsafe to use?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
.... were they in bottles? Or just out in the open?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when you asked that question I was wondering if the oil container was cardboard like they were years ago...

Vintage-Texaco-Havoline-Super-Premium-Motor-Oil-Full.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Dngrous

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2016
so I bought some oil and zinc additive.I left it im the bed of my car I woke up and noticed it had rained so I went out and got them. So my question is should they be safe to use or could they have gotten any water in them and be unsafe to use?
Maybe it's because I haven't had my coffee yet, but I literally stared at my screen for three full minutes wondering what kind of drugs you were on. "Bed of my car."
And then I looked again at your username....lol

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Water won't penetrate the plasic container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor