question about the Edelbrock Endurashine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
So I'm finally pulling the trigger and pulling the LS from my 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic. I know when the Olds big block failed and I said I was going LS several members were less than impressed. Well the time has come and she is going to be Olds powered again. I was able to pick up a 403 that had been rebuilt a couple of years for free! Surprisingly, a guy I work with told me about it. His nephew bought a rolling chassis to use for his low rider and the 403 was in it with gbody painted headers and all accessories. He pulled the 403 since he had a built 383 for the car. Brought her home, added a carb, starter and distributor and she fired right up. Holds 40-50PSI of oil pressure at an idle and has between 175-185 PSI per cylinder when i did a compression test before firing. Should be a pretty decent runner. I need to pull the heads and get a couple of broken exhaust manifold bolts removed, and check and see what parts/cam are in it, but planning on getting it back together and painted before dropping her in the car mated with a B&M turbo 400. My question is, I picked up a used Edelbrock 3711 with Endurashine finish. It's for the most part clean, but still needs a good scrubbing in some areas. That being said, what is the best cleaner to accomplish this without risking dulling or messing up the finish?

Reactions: 3 users

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
This is what I found. Post some pics when you can would like to see the build.
Screenshot_20230328-112212.png

Reactions: 2 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
This is what I found. Post some pics when you can would like to see the build. View attachment 218479
Thank you! I was going to use soap and water, I didn't think about simple green. I was worried it would eat the finish. Good info, thanks! and I'll post some pictures of it currently below this post.

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
someone drilled a hole in the floor of the intake manifold? trying to balance the air flow?
That was my assumption i have considered drilling them, tapping and putting plugs in them

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
I was thinking maybe going with a 7111. It will clear the hood😎
Thats what I wanted but got this for $275 so it was hard to pass up lol didnt want to spend a ton on a new one at the moment

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That hole is there from Edelbrock. The Performer is very small runner intake, the factory iron intakes are larger. The 7111 is the better intake to run. It is still a decent intake. That sounds like a very healthy 403, it should liquify the tires. Curious what parts are inside. What heads are on it?

Reactions: 1 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
That was my assumption i have considered drilling them, tapping and putting plugs in them
Thats an EGR intake.... theres holes on both sides just under the carburetor.

Attachments

• Man3711.jpg
    Man3711.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor