CUTLASS Question about trim between windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
My car (see project Diesel No More) is heading for minor paint and body work soon. I am curious whether i could remove the painted strips between the door windows and rear quarter windows. The body color strips look like they are some kind of plastic or composite and slide into clips or channels.
I've seen pictures of other 78-80 Cutlasses without body color strips there, and those had chrome strips. I might prefer to have the chrome look there, but not 100% sure. Does anyone know if there is solid chrome (polished stainless) under there? I'd hate to damage the strips attempting to check it out and find there is a gap or something less attractive under there.
Once again, i cant get pics to load, so hopefully y'all can understand what i am asking without pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor