Question For The Wagon Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Im sure one of you guys will have the answer to this question.
The rear side glass... the shop put the early style trim on. I got the correct clips. Seemed to be pretty simple. Now that Im looking at it I think something is missing. Is there a plastic/rubber strip for the side trim similar to whats on the windshield trim ? I have to pop the windshield trim off to replace the strips on the three sides. The yards I deal with have a few 80s Impalas and Caprices and I was able to find those strips in pretty good condition. They also have a couple of full size wagons. Im wondering if the pieces are close enough to use with a little trimming.
Anyone know ?

jacsin65

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2020
I can confirm that the trim did come with the plastic insert.
I have two sets on the trim and was able to get one good set out of them.
as for a replacement I haven't looked in to it.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I can confirm that the trim did come with the plastic insert.
I have two sets on the trim and was able to get one good set out of them.
as for a replacement I haven't looked in to it.
Are the plastic inserts already on your car ? Im not sure what theyre supposed to look like. Installed or out. Im assuming a couple of them are curved. Really unsure about the ones on the top

jacsin65

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2020
seems to me they were all straight. there not installed yet. I just refurbished the stainless and are ready to install. I can get some pics for you tomorrow. Im at work right now.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
seems to me they were all straight. there not installed yet. I just refurbished the stainless and are ready to install. I can get some pics for you tomorrow. Im at work right now.
That would be a HUGE help ! At least I'll know what they look like. Maybe another GM used the same shape.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor