question lowering front of my 78 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2015
Hey guys.hello from the netherlsnds again...
I have a question.it's frequently spoken of but i want to lower my front of my 78 cutlass calais 5.0.
I read about lowering springs and drop spindels.
I just want it for looks and a bit better ride.
If i use 2" drop spindels wil i have to use stiffer springs ,or will it go with stock?

At the back i will ad new stock springs 20151108_144023.jpg they are shagged in now)that it stays normal height because i like the lean forward 80' s look.
It's spoken of this subject frequently here about s 10 spindels and so but i have to order the parts in the usa so i like to know that i order the right stuff.

I run originial 14" ralley wheels 6 inch front and 8 inch in the back
Any tips or comments are most welcome

Reactions: 1 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Nice ride
Hey guys.hello from the netherlsnds again...
I have a question.it's frequently spoken of but i want to lower my front of my 78 cutlass calais 5.0.
I read about lowering springs and drop spindels.
I just want it for looks and a bit better ride.
If i use 2" drop spindels wil i have to use stiffer springs ,or will it go with stock?

At the back i will ad new stock springs View attachment 44781 they are shagged in now)that it stays normal height because i like the lean forward 80' s look.
It's spoken of this subject frequently here about s 10 spindels and so but i have to order the parts in the usa so i like to know that i order the right stuff.

I run originial 14" ralley wheels 6 inch front and 8 inch in the back
Any tips or comments are most welcome
When switching over to drop spindles you are really just changing the mounting center of the front wheels higher. But because the car obviously sits on the ground the entire front of the car sits "lower". So no you don't necessarily need to change the front springs. Springs will act the same. When I ordered my drop spindles I used Part#: WST-11312 Western chassis lowering spindles off SUMMIT RACING.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor