Question on air bags and the front suspension???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
The first major project for the olds is going to be 4 corner air bags. I have decided on the bcfab level 4 kit. When I talked with them they mentioned that you have to trim the A-arm pockets on the front suspension to keep the air bags from rubbing. Does anyone know how much has to be trimmed? I thought I saw someone on here say that it looked like too much had to be trimmed and that it was significant, possibly compromising the structural integrity, and he didn't go that route. If I were to upgrade to tubular A-arms, would that keep me from having to trim anything?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
A arm won't have anything to do with how much you do or don't have to trim for airbags. I've never heard of that brand. I know the RideTech system you need to trim the frame too, but with their kit I know it's not a detrimental amount..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The amount required to trim will ultimately depend on the OD of the bags/air-springs used. Tubular arms won't make a difference on the fit within the frame pocket.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor