Question on drivers side lap belt regulator......

Status
Not open for further replies.

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Hello gang.. I was wondering if anyone here has had to work on the front lap belt regulator ( I assume that's what it's called )... It will not retract back into the rear panel as it should. I was hoping someone here could suggest the best way to fix this. Thanks again for any suggestions. I appreciate any help.....

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Do you still have thesein the door jamb?
1537408859009.png

Chance one of these are broke & not allowing them to retract.

Reactions: 1 user

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
I don't believe I do .. The seats in the front are now buckets.. Was that way when I got the car.. Just wondering how these would let the belt retract back into the rear panel ?? Maybe I'm just thinking this wrong .. Thanks for the help Sir ...

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
AHHHH now I gotcha ... I will go and check that out my friend .. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention .. Very helpful to say the least .. (y)

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Ok ... I just went out to the garage and looked .. Learn something everyday.. There missing... Just a hole there on both sides of the jam that are open looks like to screws would go there. Funny but the passenger side is working without that ?? Does that make since ?? The bucket seats are from a 90's Camaro I believe ...

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It is kinda like hit & miss on them working or not with out them installed. The car might of had a hard stop & locked the retractor. As for the seat it doesn't matter which kind or what they are out of when it comes to the O.E. seat belts.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
The way the Comfort Lock lever system works is with the door closed and when you have the seat belt fastened..there's tension on the little black lever and the seat belt will lock into set positions and not want to pull back, in effect riding against your neck. When the door is opened the little lever on the mechanism will release and the seat belt will then retract and not stay loose and floppy.

There may still be an issue with that side within the seat belt retracter mechanism I've never run into that so not sure that I can help.

Last edited:

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Ok .. Thanks so much for your time this evening... I'm sure I will get it figured out now with your explanations and the pictures you showed .... I appreciate your time in responding to my question friend.... Have a great evening...

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Hello again .. And thanks for the follow up .. I will take you suggestions and Pagrunt's and go from there. I will get it figured out. I'm sure glad I don't have to take the back seat and that panel off like I first thought I'd have to.. It's so nice to have other opinions like you guys.. Great forum to say the least... Glad I'm here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor