Question on replacement t top metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
On the a pillar and windshield header it is my understanding that the tabs that hold the clips for the trim on are not there? What are people doing to hold the trim on or is someone making a set with the clip holders? Was curious to know as I will be ordering the parts to fix the rust in my car here in the next couple weeks.

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
I saw this yesterday afternoon and called our rep at Goodmark, I also checked with a friend who replaced their header and both suggested the trim screws that most body supply places carry, or using the factory type studs and welding them on.
trim screws.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Very helpful info as I wasn’t sure if any of the reproduction pieces had the studs already installed. Looks like the screws may be the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor