Question on Spohn ls mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
I began my ls swap this weekend in my '87 El Camino. After reading some threads here I picked up the Spohn Performance swap mounts and the CTS-V oil pan. For now, I plan to run the 5.3 in front of my 2004R. When I dropped the engine in, I got to bolted to my trans, but I don't think the mounts are sitting correctly. The top two holes sit proud of the frame and no holes align with the myriad of holes already there. On the engine itself I am running Anchor 3064 mounts for an 4th gen F body. I set the intake on when closing up for the night and it doesn't clear my hood.

Any advice form anyone who has installed these mounts? Thanks.

Attachments

• tempImage707Tb0.jpg
    tempImage707Tb0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I think 81cutlass used the Sphon mounts on his 2+2.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I don't have them but I'd recommend them after seeing how they fit.

Since you are in Madison do you know or can you contact Tylor Bretthauer? He is in the madison area and has a blue 84ish regal with a turbo LS that uses BMR mounts and a CTSv pan.

Reactions: 1 users

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
I don't have them but I'd recommend them after seeing how they fit.

Since you are in Madison do you know or can you contact Tylor Bretthauer? He is in the madison area and has a blue 84ish regal with a turbo LS that uses BMR mounts and a CTSv pan.
Thanks for the reply. I've heard good things about them, but they don't seem to be fitting too well in my car, so I'm assuming user error. I don't know Tylor, but I'll try to connect with him.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Check these out

He goes by bigmandengo on the internetz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor