Questions about front/rear bumper and clip assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I have a question. Is there a specific order for the installation of the front grill and bumper and the rear as well? It's been 4+ years since I removed them. In other words should I install bumper first then plastics? What is the best procedure ? Thanks guys for all the continued help 👍

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No particular order, actually. What I have done, is insall the fender to header gaskets on the studs, then header panel, headlights and trim, hood ornament, bumper bar, lower bumper cover, and then the grilles last (grille stops before grilles). I've seen others just build the header and then bolt it on, but to me there's too much there IMO. Easiest just to do the header naked due to being lighter and easier to handle, then finish it on the car.

For the rear, it was bumper bar, license plate pocket, bumper cover, tails, reverse lamps.

EDIT: Nope, I mis-remembered. I recall now I did the license pocket after the bumper bar before the cover. lamps went in last. Corrected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
No particular order, actually. What I have done, is insall the fender to header gaskets on the studs, then header panel, headlights and trim, hood ornament, bumper bar, lower bumper cover, and then the grilles last (grille stops before grilles). I've seen others just build the header and then bolt it on, but to me there's too much there IMO. Easiest just to do the header naked due to being lighter and easier to handle, then finish it on the car.

For the rear, it was bumper bar, license plate pocket, bumper cover, tails, reverse lamps.

EDIT: Nope, I mis-remembered. I recall now I did the license pocket after the bumper bar before the cover. lamps went in last. Corrected.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor