Questions on body on body bushing replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Well i have the body sitting on all new prothane body bushing but my number three bushing has a stud sticking down that went inside the factory bushing that was beveled. The instructions dont say anything about this and there is no way the included washer for the top is going on..
Anyone with more experiance run into this. What did you do. Leave it off , drill out the washer to 3/4. Also what did you do with the steel filler that goes inside the bushing as it wont fit all the way with that factory insert.
20211102_165837.jpg
20211102_164559.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-174338_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-174338_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 116

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
If i drill the washer out that came with the kit and put it in. Would you just make it fit over the stud or bigger id. Also would you slide the inner sleeve up till it touches and mark it and cut it off flush with the bottom of the mount

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
So i drilled the washer that came in the kit ads the sleeve actually fit around that stud sticking down. So that issue is resolved now the next.

I have the 1,2,3, 7 bolts in but not tight. The 6 i need to get nuts for since my cage nuts are out but line up. the number 4 position on both sides doesnt line up with the holes on the body.
On the passenger side the bushing is in the frame properly but i only can see a cresent moon part of the bolt hole. Same on the drivers side. The oem bushings that came out look like they were at an angle also.
Any advice

fly_25

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2020
I bought the energy suspension kit and it came with a larger bushing and washer for number 3 position, so no modification needed for the energy suspension kit.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I bought the energy suspension kit and it came with a larger bushing and washer for number 3 position, so no modification needed for the energy suspension kit.
Ive already drilled out my washer for the number 3 position. I went on prothanes website and there was some reviews with the issue i was describing. Sounds like they need to include two washers with a bigger id opening.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor