Quick center console question

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnicyo

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2013
Tampa
The plastic grained or brushed metal look is beginning to peel off at one of my corners on the top of the cover for the floor shifter. Anyone ever peeled it off? I had had to cut away and modify it to fit my Quicksilver shifter so I'm not worried about the factory look.

I would like to peel off the textured look, de-goo it, clean it up and maybe hit it with some clear coat.

You can see it starting to bubble a bit as well.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I believe it is just an overlay. Try taking a heatgun or hairdryer and slowly peel it back.

itsnicyo

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2013
Tampa
Yea that's what I was thinking, just thought I should double check first. Thanks for the prompt response!

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
Peeler off. I used 3M Carbon Fiber on my interior and then used silver model paint and hit the highlights. Oh I love the Quick Silver B&M Shifter!

Attachments

• Pic 8542.JPG
    Pic 8542.JPG
    578.4 KB · Views: 412
  • Pic 8541.JPG
    Pic 8541.JPG
    569.7 KB · Views: 350
  • Pic 8540.JPG
    Pic 8540.JPG
    551.1 KB · Views: 344

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Driving a Chevy wagon in Korea?!? Do you get your fuel on the base? What does gas sell for out in town over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor