Quick parts question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2006
Where would I find the Oxygen sensor and Map sensor on a 86 Monte CL? Mechanic wants to charge me ALOT to do these two things and I already found both parts at half the price he said.

Thank you
Patrick

RebelX

n00b
Jan 5, 2006
South Dakota
i checked my Haynes manual n the MAP sensor is located on the pass fenderwell for carb models or on a mounted bracket for tbi models.

the oxygen sensor is located on the exhaust pipes below the engine. prolly somewhere around the transmission. remember to use anti-seize on it when reinstalling or the next time you may have problems removing it.

hope this helps out.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
RebelX said:
i checked my Haynes manual n the MAP sensor is located on the pass fenderwell for carb models or on a mounted bracket for tbi models.

the oxygen sensor is located on the exhaust pipes below the engine. prolly somewhere around the transmission. remember to use anti-seize on it when reinstalling or the next time you may have problems removing it.

hope this helps out.

and don't touch the tip with your fingers, hopefully there wouldn't be a next time on the O2 IMHO I'd pass on any chemicals on the O2 directly

RebelX

n00b
Jan 5, 2006
South Dakota
oops..forgot...on a tbi version its on a mounted bracket on the air cleaner assembly according to the manual.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Re: O2 sensor

lurchsmalibu said:
Don't the threads already come with anti seize already applied?

I don't think so but how many times to you unscrew an o2 sensor?

Jan 9, 2006
El Dorado, Kansas
Re: O2 sensor

DrRansom442 said:
lurchsmalibu said:
Don't the threads already come with anti seize already applied?

I don't think so but how many times to you unscrew an o2 sensor?
HUH?????? HOW ELSE WOULD YOU REMOVE ONE?? oxygen sensor for the exhaust pipe....the ones that I have done rescently for friends have all (new) come with anti sieze on the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor