Quick performance 9" brake install questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Good evening. in the begining of my frame off resto MCSS 86. I got the frame back from powdercoating and received my QP rear end. i have the brake lines to install but i do not see anywhere to bolt the line block to. how are you guys running these rear ends? i am swapping over to rear c7 disc. tia

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I drilled and tapped a hole on the third member on a rib for mine in the Monte, I think I added a small L shaped bracket between the two.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
I drilled and tapped a hole on the third member on a rib for mine in the Monte, I think I added a small L shaped bracket between the two.
Any chance you can share a pic of where you did that? I found one video online where he basically made an L bracket that went on one of the third member bolts. I also have the issue of my lines being too long. As they’re made for the drums. Guess that’s my next mission 🤦🏼‍♂️

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You see them stainless band clamps..

EXHAUST.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Any chance you can share a pic of where you did that? I found one video online where he basically made an L bracket that went on one of the third member bolts. I also have the issue of my lines being too long. As they’re made for the drums. Guess that’s my next mission 🤦🏼‍♂️
Sorry I don't have a picture of the block mounting, but I did mock ups with my flex line mounted to the car and moved the rearend up and down to find the best location for the line and block to bend and move with the rearend and it ended up being on a rib at least a few inches from the bolts that mount the third member.
For my lines going from the block to the rear discs I also drilled and tapped the housing and used cushion clamps to secure them/
IMG_0015.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor