Quick question really baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
If it's a vent issue, it should cold start with the filler cap off.
Sounds like a problem Cadillacs had in the 70s , your strong fuel pump might be sucking the sock blocking the line . With everything you described , it seems possible

85cutlassSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2014
Sorry for the late reply but the culprit was the hoses on the sending unit they were dry rotted I replaced all them and the car took a few priming but it runs again without me having to blow air in the line

Attachments

• IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    871.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2259.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 175
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sorry for the late reply but the culprit was the hoses on the sending unit they were dry rotted I replaced all them and the car took a few priming but it runs again without me having to blow air in the line
Thanks for coming back and letting us know what the issue was. It's a service to the community to 'close out' a thread that discusses an issue.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor