Quote fir g body brakes???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
So how much for this job for someone you know?
Only you know the correct answer. We provided some insight. Use that insight toward making a decision that you're comfortable with. Your $200 number would be fine....

I did a front end rebuild & brakes for a coworkers 73-87 vintage C10. He was quoted $1600 for just the brakes. I got it all done for a little over half that price (parts & labor).

Last edited:

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The OP never mentioned who was supplying the parts, $200 would be fair if all the parts are supplied, but you could burn through most of the $200 if parts need to be purchased.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'd say if you are confident in doing the job and happy with $200 and your customer is satisfied with the price then go for it.
Keep in mind things don't always go as smooth as planned and that couple hours could end up being a lot more and make sure everything needed is already on site before you start, parts store runs in the middle of a job are no fun.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
He has all the parts
I'd say if you are confident in doing the job and happy with $200 and your customer is satisfied with the price then go for it.
Keep in mind things don't always go as smooth as planned and that couple hours could end up being a lot more and make sure everything needed is already on site before you start, parts store runs in the middle of a job are no fun.
This.
Verify part numbers before the work date. Nothing worse than getting started & having to scramble in the midst of the work.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor