Quote fir g body brakes???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
My friend has a guy that wants me to replace rotors,bearings,calibers, brakes and loaded brake booster with master cylinder on a 87 Monte Carlo SS anyone knows what's a good price to charge for this wotk?Thanks

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
What's your time worth per hour? How efficient do you work?
All that work should be able to be accomplished within an 8hr period allowing time in there for issues/breaks.

Reactions: 3 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
What's your time worth per hour? How efficient do you work?
All that work should be able to be accomplished within an 8hr period allowing time in there for issues/breaks.
Also, how well do you know this guy. Is he going to become a headache in the future? Will this guy suddenly want you to do all the work on his project car for him? Is he an *******? Will he provide you with beer? These all need to be taken into account as well.

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Just trying to get a quote I can do it in a couple hours, I never just done it for anyone else, Please no smart remarks Thanks
I'm minimum $35hr for basic wrenching (R&R w/no investigating). I would charge that if I didn't have to get into bleeding the hydraulics (pop a new rotor & pads on deal). I also charge that for my time retrieving parts and/or sourcing/researching them.

If someone wants to drop their car off for me to "take care of it" it's $50hr when it's more involved like replacing hoses & bleeding hydraulics as you just don't know what unexpected issues you'll encounter. It's always easier to back off the total (after the fact) than it is to add to it in my opinion. So if they're ok @ $400.... they should be ok w/a reduced amount as well.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Pay it forward. Do it for free. I've done bunches of car stuff for free. Had more fun doing it than getting paid. Made some friends for life that way too. Also got a really nice set of MAC Tools wrenches a guy was too old to use.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Pay it forward. Do it for free. I've done bunches of car stuff for free. Had more fun doing it than getting paid. Made some friends for life that way too. Also got a really nice set of MAC Tools wrenches a guy was too old to use.
I do stuff for free as well for people that I know w/a limited income or funds in need. I also donate parts to the young-guns if I know something I'm selling can benefit them.

Someone just wanting to get a repair done cheaper than the local shops/business & who understands my attention for detail? My price is lower than shop prices so they're still saving & know they have someone looking out for their best interests.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor