Quote update* I broke my car some more , is this fixable or do I need new metal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I’ve used a prd guy here in Washington State and I have to say, he was an artist. Had a crunched up wheel well on our suv and right on two lines and you cannot tell it was ever damaged. Just amazing.
I tried to look into pdr but the guy wouldn’t answer his phone and his. Puce mail was full …f him

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
Went to the range this weekend , sent a few pounds of lead down range .
Had a great afternoon … until I was leaving and decided that backing through a steel gate post would be my best exit … I was wrong it was a terrible route to take that’s why everyone else uses the road I guess
My question is does this look bad ? Lol
I mean can it be fixed or do I need a new panel ?
Looks like a g-body '81 & up & those wheel opening moldings look like Brougham moldings. If so, & your VIN has a 47 in it, I have those wheel opening moldings. $150/ea.

Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Current update
The “Neil cutlet” is almost ready for colour all body work done , epoxy sealer on and a primer coat over for final block sanding

C32BCC76-AD24-4C72-909E-67D570C3B156.jpeg
AEC78576-A813-41B5-98CF-7C9F50CACF12.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
For those wondering , the drivers quarter pounded out ok and very little rust was found under the paint anywhere ( thank dog)
one hole the size of a golf ball in passenger quarter and some pin holes in trunk jamb all in all very solid for a 40 year old car
The finally tally may well exceed ten k but it’s worth it to have the car I want

Reactions: 4 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Yeah that’s pretty average up here
I have to source my own chrome and window felts too
Might want to befriend an autobody guy for the future, because $8500 is still alot even for prices in B.C. to be truthful.

Plus with cash theres no tax also.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Might want to befriend an autobody guy for the future, because $8500 is still alot even for prices in B.C. to be truthful.

Plus with cash theres no tax also.
That is true , but for now I pay full price
The cash discount is applied here as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor