R.I.P. Aretha Franklin, Queen of soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I saw and heard the news today about Aretha. She was such a talented person. I always loved her music over the years. What a sad day and a loss to the music world..
She will be missed. Rest in peace, Aretha.

Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Aretha was one of the best Motown family artists and she may be missed but her songs will live on and on...right along side like all the other artists of that era that we have lost

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Truly one of the Great singers of Our Time. RIP.....

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
The first female singer that I didn't change the radio dial when her songs came on.
There is something about this song that gets me......the timing, the instrumentation and the voice

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and there was this one, I grew up in that era and I wish it never ended.. I used to spend hours mixing her and all the other motown family onto cassettes during the week to play while camping on the weekends....

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
She was one of the artist we listened to in the garage growing up. Her music is part of my gear head education. Shame there won't be any others like her.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
This is a loss of true talent. I don't even like motown but I always liked her music. Incredible voice.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Aretha Franklin really made Motown what it was. Her voice was one in a million. Rest In Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor