RACE PRO RADIATORS - 31 x 19 CHEVY/ GM p/n 209677

Status
Not open for further replies.

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Hello everyone,

I just removed my spectra ( Napa brand) Rad for a Northern Radiator, pn209677

http://www.northernfactory.com/HIGH...RO_RADIATORS/19_INCH_CHEVY-GM_RACE_PRO/209677

After reading various postings, and reviews people are able to place this rad in a Gbody. ( Even Summit says it will fit, ( as its the same as the summit Brand)

I have an 87 442, with a 350 SBC that i swapped in. My question what lower Rad hose are people using, i couldn't find one to work. as the lower outlet is so close to the frame.

Did anyone else have this issue? , i had to adjust the core support with a BFH, and some trimming...

Anyone else have these issues?

Overall the the rad seems well made , with 2- one inch tubes and almost the double the capacity of the previous one.

Thanks

Last edited:

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
I bought a lower hose for an 85 monte with 350 and trimmed and inch or two from the top that connects to the engine. I had to do some trimming on the bottom of the core support and use thin rubber as an insulator between core support and radiator.

Here you can see the tabs i trimmed

Reactions: 1 user

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
I bought a lower hose for an 85 monte with 350 and trimmed and inch or two from the top that connects to the engine. I had to do some trimming on the bottom of the core support and use thin rubber as an insulator between core support and radiator.

Here you can see the tabs i trimmed

Thanks for the quick response!!! I will be calling my parts guy today!!!

You wouldnt have a P/N by any chance?

Thanks

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
I sure do.
Autozone
Dayco brand D71131

And for others checking out this topic, the upper hose pictured is for a 307 and worked with the sbc engine as well, but the radiator inlet was larger on the northern radiator so that one didnt work.

Also, i haven't had any issues with cooling on the highway for an hour at 70mph or around the city cruising for hours a time. I mention this since i have added hydraulics and a fully reinforced frame, so I'm hauling around an extra 1200 lbs all the time on 13" wheels and making my cooling system work hard all day.

Reactions: 1 user

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
What is the size of your Water pump fitting 1.75" diameter?

As i need 1.75 " on both ends of the hose. The D71131 seems to have 1.5 on one side and 1.75 on the other..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor