radiator fan blade for olds 455 clutch fan assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
looking to install clutch fan on my 87 olds with 1971 455 does anyone have a part number for the ome blade. i have the clutch but not the fan i prefer ome vs after market.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
standard junkyard 307 fan would suffice, one would think.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The 307 is a 5 blade, a 6 or 7 blade is much better. I know Fox Trot used the 4 blade fixed fan on his 403 and cooled better than the 5 blade 307 clutch fan. I also have that with a 2 core rad with no shroud in my 70S and it cools fine. Cooling a 403 or 455 is much harder than 307 or a 350, make sure a shroud is used along with a good 2 core with 1" minimum tubes radiator.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
At this point lots of folks are utilizing aftermarket or OEM electric fans to cool their engines. With that said, some of us old school guys still want a good simple mechanical fan due to the upgrades needed to properly install electric fans. There are a few threads here discussing good mechanical fan upgrades and a few of them mention the Allstar Performance 30101 or the GM 4 blade 405442 fans. Both of the mentioned fans will require a spacer to place the fan at the correct location within the shroud. Make sure to maintain the shroud.. As mentioned by Olds307and403, the cooling system for an Olds 403 or 455 needs to be in good shape.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I would use a 7 bladed clutch fan of which you should be able to find on most GM cars with air conditioned and heavy duty applications such as pick up trucks.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I use a 7-blade fan assembly from a Monte Carlo SS. Seems to work pretty well with a fresh new clutch.

Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
7 blade here as well. It's noisy but gets the job done.

Reactions: 1 users

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
I would use a 7 bladed clutch fan of which you should be able to find on most GM cars with air conditioned and heavy duty applications such as pick up trucks.

if you could offer me a couple of model /yr that i can fine this fan it would greatly appreciated. i would like to run a clutched fan
i live in wis and i have check every junkyard in the area when mention gbody or parts for olds 307 they all go ahhhhh we don't have any parts for a car that oldddd. i feel like i'm looking for parts for the Fred flintstone mobile. maybe so of guys know who that is.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
if you could offer me a couple of model /yr that i can fine this fan it would greatly appreciated. i would like to run a clutched fan
i live in wis and i have check every junkyard in the area when mention gbody or parts for olds 307 they all go ahhhhh we don't have any parts for a car that oldddd. i feel like i'm looking for parts for the Fred flintstone mobile. maybe so of guys know who that is.

B Body models may also have the fan that you are looking for.
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor