Radio delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The dash harness wouldn't be different so the power leads should be there. The speaker wiring probably not as I don't think radio delete cars would get speakers, maybe the dash but I highly doubt any rear speakers. I had a 87' Monte SS parts car which was a factory radio delete car(UL5 RPO code), had an older stock style radio in place (forget the brand, but not Delco) and the rear speaker wiring looked like GM wiring but the colors were a little different, guessing it was added later. Had different than stock but stock style rear speakers as well.

Reactions: 1 user

Cwmick74

n00b
May 11, 2020
The dash harness wouldn't be different so the power leads should be there. The speaker wiring probably not as I don't think radio delete cars would get speakers, maybe the dash but I highly doubt any rear speakers. I had a 87' Monte SS parts car which was a factory radio delete car(UL5 RPO code), had an older stock style radio in place (forget the brand, but not Delco) and the rear speaker wiring looked like GM wiring but the colors were a little different, guessing it was added later. Had different than stock but stock style rear speakers as well.

Is it difficult to add a stereo to a factory delete car?

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
Not at all.

The leads/connectors will still be in the dash harness. But you won't have any speaker wiring.

I believe I actually have a factory speaker wire harness from one of my many part outs.

I'll check for you.

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
My ‘78 Regal is/was a radio delete car, and had all wiring for radio, all wiring for dash & rear package shelf speakers, as well as the in-windshield antenna.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor