EL CAMINO Radio rant and SOB sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Okay guys hear me out im beyond pissed and need to rant and figure out what to do. So as ive posted previously i bought back my old el camino. It was rusty, didnt run right, half the body still wasnt bolted down, and was an overall pile of crap and it was not worth the $3000 price however my wife pushed me to do it since it was my old one. So one of my major issues was that the original factory CB/FM/AM radio was not in the dash. The previous owner told me it was out to be fixed because it had quit working but would be back sometime around december. I verified this fact several times in our transactions. So i ask again today for the hickory bed bows and to check on the radio and he says "youre not getting the radio it was not in the original money and i paid to have it restored" i was absolutely taken back by this. Even at my house when he dropped off the camper shell i asked again about this thing and he said even then that it would be back in december/january and not to worry that he still had the original radio surround that he would bring with it. WTF is wrong with people??? Keep in mind that his son has a malibu and he has a new el camino that im sure that radio will go into one or the other. Beyond pissed off i havent even responded to that load of crap yet.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Why the hell did he wait this long to tell you you’re not getting the radio back? What the hell is he going to do with it, put it on a shelf to look pretty?

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You paid for it. Wait until February and go get it.
img746416.jpg

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I'm willing to bet he got it back with some astronomical price tag attached, and either told them to shove it, or seems to think that a deal is no longer a deal now that he's ****ed himself on it

Reactions: 4 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Reactions: 1 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
I would write up what he did on paper and be sure to put his full name and work title. I would print a bunch of copies, go to his work and put a paper on every windshield in the parking lot.
If you are REALLY pissed, put a lien on his car. He can probably get it removed but it will cost him money for the paperwork and maybe even attorney fees. If you are REALLY, REALLY, REALLY pissed, find a billboard near his house or work, rent it for a month and put what he did on it. (sometimes you can get a real deal on renting a billboard, depending on where it is). Don't answer his calls and when he shows up at the house to complain, put him on his *ss and call it trespassing.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would write up what he did on paper and be sure to put his full name and work title. I would print a bunch of copies, go to his work and put a paper on every windshield in the parking lot.
If you are REALLY pissed, put a lien on his car. He can probably get it removed but it will cost him money for the paperwork and maybe even attorney fees. If you are REALLY, REALLY, REALLY pissed, find a billboard near his house or work, rent it for a month and put what he did on it. (sometimes you can get a real deal on renting a billboard, depending on where it is). Don't answer his calls and when he shows up at the house to complain, put him on his *ss and call it trespassing.

that is really bad advise..... :popcorn:

I don't think you know of the serious financial penalties for placing a lien with no legal grounds and then the libel action could cost him more than he'll probably make in the next 20 years

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor