EL CAMINO Radio rant and SOB sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That is a rare option. I bet you won't get the wood either, just the shaft unfortunately.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I know this isn't what you want to hear. I would look for another. They pop up on Ebay all the time and were the same across the other GM product lines with just detail changes of the knobs.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Last edited:

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
I guess you guys are right. However, in my state, a verbal contract is legally binding and a lien can be filed in violation of such a contract.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess you guys are right. However, in my state, a verbal contract is legally binding and a lien can be filed in violation of such a contract.

I like to see the grounds for filing a lien on goods and chattels in your state....or at least the state you are in so I can look it up.... :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Are you telling me that the courts of Louisiana will hear he said/he said arguments? Surely there is some standard of proof required

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Pretty much the only liens in SC are related to contractors/subcontractors working on real estate. Not for breaching a personal contract agreement.

An oral contract is a viable contract within certain limitations (can't buy land with oral agreements or take longer than a year to complete agreement, for example), but obviously hella hard to prove, especially if you don't have anything tangible or bona-fide witnesses to back up your claim if any of the other parties discount any claim of breach. If the interested parties agree an oral contract existed and terms of such, then it's very enforceable in courts, at least here in SC. As to what remedy is available to the courts is another matter altogether.

This is why everyone is normally best served with written contracts. Keeps honest people honest. And dishonest people honest.

That notwithstanding, the jerkhole shouldn't have kept your CB radio like that IMO. While he may have been within his legal rights to be a jerk, he faltered on his motorhead rights. If there was agreement to sell back the car WITHOUT the radio, then that should have been known right upfront. And that hem-hawing about I'll get the radio back to you, then change your mind, that's ripping the carpet right out from under you. I call that a dlck move. So he'll always be a dlck to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor